The writer is very fast, professional and responded to the review request fast also. Thank you.
An organisation was established 3 years ago and has earned an outstanding reputation throughout Singapore. It is planning to send a team of ten senior level executives to an overseas assignment in their newly established offshore subsidiary for a period of one year to handle different aspects (roles) of an important project that requires strong team spirit and creative mind.
You are the Human Resource Director of this organisation and have been appointed by your CEO to prepare and equip the team members with the necessary knowledge and information of this country and the climate/culture of the overseas subsidiary. This is aimed to assist them to not only survive but also perform well in the overseas assignment as a team.
The CEO prefers to send a good mix of diverse team members for this posting, in attempt to achieve a better level of creativity and innovation. Taking these into consideration, you plan to research on the subsidiary country with regard to its history, climate, culture, language, custom, working style etc. so as to cater to the following diverse characteristics/background of the assignees and their preferences: • Different religion
• Different gender
• Different family background
• Different Languages
• Different diets
• Different sports and leisure activities etc.
When researching on the country that the team members are going to stay for the next one year, you must bear in mind that these team members have not worked overseas before. Your pre-overseas assignment briefings and trainings are all very crucial to their performance in future.
Requirements of the individual assignment:
Your write-up must critically analyse the following aspects based on what you have learnt in the first 5 sessions:
1. Introduction of the chosen country and scenario & context of international HRM
2. Organizational design and structure of the overseas subsidiary in comparison with the headquarters in Singapore (Apply Hofstede national cultural dimensions to discuss the differences between home and host countries).
3. Analysis of the staffing process for the overseas assignment. Critically analyze the staffing strategy of the right candidates for the overseas assignment. E.g., In recruitment, do you want to deploy people from within or recruit employees from outside? For selection, which THREE (3) selection tools (including test) do you want to adopt?
4. Analysis on the training and development process of the international assignees. Training and developing the international assignees taking into consideration of the before- and after-overseas posting of human resource development.
5. Analysis on the remuneration package of the international assignees. The remuneration package of the international assignees taking into consideration of compensation approach (e.g., balance sheet approach) and of the before- and after-overseas posting of remuneration package adjustment.
6. Conclusion (submission and conclusions are well considered and take into account the personnel strategies of the company)
You can choose any country as your host country (except your own home country and Singapore) to write this essay.
You are required to consult and correctly reference a MINIMUM of 10 different sources of information (e.g., book; www; journal article from the full-text databases; current affairs magazine; newspaper etc.)
You are expected to write 2000 words +/- 10% in this research report format (i.e. essay with headings) and the citation format should be in APA style.
You should attempt to use Geert Hofstede National Cultural Dimensions to compare the parent country and host country, recommended link: http://www.clearlycultural.com/geert-hofstede-cultural-dimensions/
You should avoid using bullet or point forms to write your academic essay.
You must apply in-text citations (in assignment final 1) and provide reference list (in assignment final 2) in your submission.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more