The writer is very fast, professional and responded to the review request fast also. Thank you.
1. Jerry is not happy with a change his firm has recently implemented. Which one resistance to change method could he use that might actually have a chance of reversing the change?
d. Decreased productivity
2. How does regression work as a method of resistance to change?
a. Workers pretend to forget their skills and perform them at the level of a new, untrained worker.
b. Workers quit their jobs hoping the change will be reversed and they get re- hired.
c. Workers deliberately break things.
d. Workers go back to working at a previous job.
3. Discarding old ideas and habits in order to learn new ones involves which phase of the change process?
4. Which type of change methodology would involve changing for a limited time and then evaluating effectiveness of the change?
a. Trial period
c. New-person method
5. In change management, what is acceptance?
a. Taking part in the decision-making process that leads to a change.
b. Receiving change and regarding it as fact.
c. Becoming thoroughly familiar with a change.
d. Using or implementing change.
6. As the deals at Generon became more and more complex, Tamara, Generon’sVP of Sales became more and more lost. The complex deals seemed to beexposing Generon to greater risks, but Tamara figured if they were really thatbad, the other parties involved in the deals would say something. Less thana year later, Generon collapsed and the deals Tamara oversaw are being blamed. What need did Tamara fail to pay attention to?
7. Which of the following is the first key step when implementing a large-scale change?
a. Determine necessity
b. Communicate the vision
c. Clear the path
d. Follow through
8. Traditional managers issuing direct orders when implementing a change are using which method to accomplish their planned change?
9. Ted was excited to begin his new job as Assistant Vice President of Sales—-that is, until his first day on the job!! Turns out his employer has told him his now responsible for telling the employees about changes in the company’s benefit programs. Which method for accomplishing change is his employer using?
b. New person
10. Attributes such as confidence, dominance, and creating a vision can be found in the ________.
a. task leader
b. reactive leader
c. charismatic leader
d. situational leader
11. The tools and techniques which are unique to a specialized situation a leader possesses can be called ________.
a. networking skills
b. conceptual skills
c. human relations skills
d. technical skills
12. Claire is obligated to perform her assigned work and to make certain that others she may delegate work to also perform their tasks in a prescribed way. This obligation is known as ________.
13. Which of the following statements best defines the concept of behavioral leadership?
a. Applying positive techniques in leadership.
b. Utilizing punishment to accomplish organizational objectives.
c. Utilizing fear and intimidation to influence employees.
d. Authoritarian leadership where others are simply told how to follow.
14. Dr. Marvin is the head of a group of emergency room physicians. He reports to Dr. Diehl. Dr. Diehl has told Dr. Marvin, “Go ahead and rely on your training, ethics, and ideas to point the way for you and trust your own judgment when making any decisions.” What style of leadership is Dr. Diehl telling Dr. Marvin he should expect from his superior when it comes to help with making decisions, etc.?
15. Leaders who believe workers are lazy, dislike work, and avoid it at all costs have a ________ attitude.
a. Theory Z
b. Theory X
c. Theory Y
d. Derived Theory X
16. Employees who abuse alcohol or drugs are often called ________.
a. habit personnel
b. substance abusers
c. problem indicators
d. non-exempt employees
17. Which of the following refers to the stress stage that reveals itself as a slight change from “normal” behavior?
a. Yield point
b. Rupture point
c. Elastic limit
d. Flash point
18. Which of the following refers to the warning stage indicating an individual is nearing their stress threshold?
a. Flash point
b. Rupture point
c. Elastic limit
d. Yield point
19. In psychological or stress terms, what is conversion?
a. Unintentionally forgetting something as a means of avoiding it
b. Enlarging problems out of all realistic proportions
c. Expressing frustration in bodily symptoms of pain or malfunction
d. Redirecting pent-up feelings towards others
20. Daryl’s job is to discipline inmates at a correctional facility. Lately, Daryl has been having stomach problems and trouble sleeping. What is his distress most likely caused by?
a. Quantitative demand distress
b. Work role distress
c. Chronic stress
d. Work pace control
21. What does the term multicultural mean?
a. Having the belief in the superiority of one’s own ethnic group.
b. Having a limited, narrow, or self-centered perspective.
c. Relating to several cultures simultaneously.
d. Having an unreasonable fear of those who are different from you.
22. What is it Affirmative Action programs are intended to do?
a. Equalize pay between men and women.
b. Create greater equity in employment.
c. Ensure reasonable accommodations are made for disabled workers.
d. Equalize working conditions for men and women.
23. Mark is attempting to make sure female employees in his workplace are paid as much as male employees when performing tasks in other occupations re- quiring comparable, but not necessarily identical skills, training, responsibili-ties, hazards, and effort. This process is known as ________.
b. affirmative action
d. comparable worth
24. Andi has been up for promotion four times and has been passed up every time. It is well known that her family and three children are important to her. She gives a full measure of effort in her current job, but upper management feels she would not be willing to give the 110 percent they think would be required if she was promoted. What term describes Andi’s situation?
b. the mommy track
c. affirmative action
d. legal discrimination
25. Ismael is from India and is the new Data Center Manager. Having heard what country Ismael is from, Michael has already decided Ismael is not qualified for the job but was given the job due to his nationality. Which of the following terms best defines Michael’s view?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more