Forecasting HR Demand for Bank Tellers
As an HR manager in a national bank, you have access to historical data about branch activity and employment across Canada from 2001 to 2009. These two variables develop a productivity ratio in terms of how many customers each teller is able to serve per year. You are asked to make a quick and rough estimate of teller projections for the bank using this information and are expected to apply a ratio analysis.
The bank is expecting a five percent annual growth rate in its number of customers from 2009 to 2012. This is due to an aggressive marketing technique and the launch of a high- interest banking incentive for customers who leave their existing bank to join yours. As well, because of plans to launch a training and orientation program targeted at all employees, the bank also expects an annual increase in productivity over the next two years.
Using this information and the chart with data provided below, predict the organization’s 2010 and 2011 forecasts for HR demand.
Number of Customers
Number of Tellers
Productivity (customers served per teller)
Year Customers Tellers Productivity (customers served per teller)
01 650,000 580 1,120.69
02 690,000 610 1,131.15
03 640,000 575 1,130.04
04 585,000 550 1,063.64
05 550,000 515 1,067.96
06 605,000 560 1,080.36
07 625,000 570 1,096.49
08 659,000 590 1,116.95
09 680,000 605 1,123.97
10* 725,000 ? 1,547. 81
11* 789,000 ? 1,740. 27
1. Plot these figures within WORD on a scatter plot. Estimate a regression line. That is, draw a line that cuts straight through the center of the points (one that minimizes the distance between the lines and the plotted points).
2. Using your plot, estimate the number of tellers needed for forecasted sales of $1,547.81 million and $1,702.27 million.
3. Answer in paragraph form: Given the trends and the nature of the banking industry, what other advice can you give the HR planner? Consider online banking, banking locations and hours, services offered, etc.
4. Answer in paragraph form: Why might using the plotted information alone be risky?
5. Answer in paragraph form: What other factors should you consider? Why?
6. Describe one quantitative and one qualitative technique that can be used to forecast human resources demand (discuss in complete detail).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more