The writer is very fast, professional and responded to the review request fast also. Thank you.
Focus: Film Genre Analysis
Length: 4-5 pages.
DUE: November 21
For this assignment you will be doing a genre analysis of a film. I suggest you pick a film that you are familiar with as it will make your analysis easier. However, make sure it is a GOOD film and not a “fluff” piece that has very little substance to it either cinematically or from a storyline perspective.
NOTE: DO NOT RETELL THE ENTIRE MOVIE. STICK TO THE PARTS THAT HIGHLIGHT AND EXPLAIN THE TOPICS ON THIS HANDOUT.
Refer to the Prezi on film genres and the handout on Blackboard on Film Analysis Terms.
A genre analysis should cover the following:
1) Identify the actual genre of film you are analyzing
2) Identify briefly what type of audience this film appeals to and why
3) Identify at least ONE past film (20-50 years) of a similar genre your film compares to and ONE recent (within 10 years) film your film fits in with
4) Detail briefly the critical reaction your film received—Rotten Tomatoes is a good place to start
5) Detail and discuss the film on the following:
Narrative – How the story is told using similar–sometimes formulaic–plots and structures, predictable situations, sequences, episodes, obstacles, conflicts and resolutions that your film presents and how and why they are representative of the film genre your movie falls into
Characterization – similar types of characters–sometimes stereotypes– roles, personal qualities, motivations, goals, behavior that are depicted in the movie that are also representative of the genre
Themes–topics, subject matter social, cultural, psychological, professional, political, sexual, moral values that are depicted in the film and how they are also representative of the genre
Ideology—what type of underlying set of assumptions about the world, people in the world does the film present
6) Detail and discuss the cinematic formulas used in the film and how and why they are representative of the genre
7) Conclude with a two or more paragraphs where you take a stand/make an argument of how and why you think the film you chose is an important film in the genre it falls into
NOTE: DON’T FORGET TO WRITE AN INTRODUCTION!!!!!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more